Terms and Conditions
Harrison's Textile Supplies Ltd.
61 Bank Parade
Phone: 01282 435775
It is now even simpler to purchase just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy to the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept most major credit card payment with order. Payment will be processed through PayPal or Google Checkout (whichever you prefer).
When confirmation of order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Shipping And Handling:
The carrier charges are calculated for you at the point of sale.
We will normally despatch your goods by courier. However small orders (under 2 kg) will be despatched second class via standard post, and 2kg - 8kg will be despatched as a standard parcel using the postal service.
We will normally send your order to you in 10 business days. However this can take longer depending on the order because of stock etc.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Tax is not applicable.
Credit Card Security:
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a 14 day no quibble guarantee.
Harrison's Textiles do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
a. Take and fulfill customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
Right of Withdrawal:
(1) If the customer is a consumer, they have the opportunity to withdraw from the contract concluded with Harrison's Textile Supplies Ltd. within 14 days after receipt of the goods without giving reasons. Withdrawal may be carried out in writing (e.g. via letter, fax or e-mail) or by return of the goods to Harrison's Textile Supplies Ltd. The goods must be adequately identified. The period of grace begins not earlier than the point at which the goods are received. For compliance with the period of withdrawal the timely mailing of the withdrawal or return of the goods shall suffice.
Declaration of withdrawal or return of the goods shall be addressed to:
Harrison's Textile Supplies Ltd.
61 Bank Parade
(2) This right of withdrawal does not apply for contracts for the delivery of goods which Harrison's Textile Supplies Ltd. produced according to specifications of the customer or which were clearly tailored to the personal needs of the customer. This applies in particular to products which were printed or embroidered with the designs (texts or designs) on the customer's demand. The customer is aware of the fact that with ordering such products he gives Harrison's Textiles concrete instructions for the production of the goods.
(3) Once the cancellation process has been completed and has come into effect, the customer is under an obligation to return the goods if the goods can be sent by parcel post. Articles which cannot be sent by post will be collected from the customer. The customer must bear the cost of returning the goods if the article supplied is in accordance with what was ordered. In all other cases there is no charge for the return of the goods.
(4) In the case of a withdrawal from the contract, the customer shall be obliged to pay compensation for the deterioration of the product following commencement of intended use of the product. The customer has the opportunity to avoid this, if the product is only examined for its applicability and suitability. As far as nothing different has been agreed to in the above, the customer shall also be liable for any deterioration or accidental destruction of the product.
(5) The right of withdrawal from the contract exists irrespective of any claims of the customer for warranty as far as the goods show flaws.